• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Droid 3 problems... should I return?

cjcregg

Lurker
Nov 17, 2009
I'm wondering if I should return this one.
Also thinking about using the BOGO offer for my two roommates, but not if these things aren't resolved...

1. Proximity sensor. Doesn't seem to work. On my old Droids, if I held the phone to my face, the screen would turn off. Not on this one. I'm pressing buttons all over the place with my face. Is it just my phone?

2. Auto Rotate... does this thing auto rotate with the keyboard closed? Can't get that to work.

3. Car dock... Having problems with it charging... also it doesn't seen to want to rotate, and intermittently starts the dock... also, I find it annoying to have to use the dock in landscape, as it's much easier to use the dock in portrait...

4. Sometimes the launcher is slow... I have to press the buttons more than once with it.

5. And do you like the sound quality?

Please let me know if these are Droid 3 issues, or just my phone problem...

Thanks!

if you have a screen cover on your phone, that might mess with the proximity sensor, assuming it covers the entire front of the phone. (mine only covers the screen itself and ive had no issues with the proximity feature)

also the home screens will not auto rotate to landscape mode unless the keyboard is opened, at least on my device, but most other menus/programs auto rotate just fine with the keyboard closed.

those are the only issues of yours i can throw my 2 cents in on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones