1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Droid has multi-touch!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kbayer, Jan 7, 2010.

1. GDroid

GDroid Android Enthusiast

Side Note: There's a lot of silly complaints in the market place, and many of them are from users who simply do not understand how to use the application they've just downloaded, or don't understand how widgets work. Of course, this leads to the user giving out a poor rating. Poor developors!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Artis

Artis Newbie

The hardware is definitely in place, and works like a charm!

Now I only wonder WHEN Verizon will give us Droiders 2.1, and if it will do more MultiTouch. Any rumors about dates?

I'm still on the fence. Have a couple of weeks to return the Droid before
    my 30 day expires. I can say this: If it's gonna be 4 months, I'm keeping it,
    and will ebay and upgrade later, who knows what is coming down the pipe!

My biggest reservation about the droid is the horrid camera. I'm used to my
    sony ericsson c905 cybershot phone. Even my daughter's hand me down
    k790a with a 3.2 mpx takes better pics. If 2.1 fixes this, it will make me
    one happy jack.

Art Joyce
    ABS Bumper Fillers Body Extensions Body Fillers Bumper Extensions Aftermarket Panels
    ABS Bumper Fillers Body Extensions Body Fillers Bumper Extensions Aftermarket Panels
    BADAZZBIKES.COM: Fairings & Bodywork for CBR 900rr Hayabusa GSXR 600 GSXR 750 GSXR 1000 and other sportbikes from Honda & Suzuki more coming soon.

3. jennyloca715

jennyloca715 Newbie

:eek::D:eek: jajajajajajaja........

4. aapocketz

aapocketz Newbie

I like dolphin and use it a lot but the ad on the home page is very annoying in landscape mode especially, only two bookmarks are visible at a time. Its also annoying because for whatever reason the bookmarks are arranged in least to most viewed, so you have to scroll to the bottom, and I always hit the ad. Still a good browser overall, I am using it right now!

One thing I would add to dolphin would be holding down the back button behave loke the default browser and show history list.

5. JonKyu

JonKyu Member

I LIKED Dolphin browser before but if your not careful to close it after use it can eat up quite a bit of memory on your phone. Also I've had really bad freezes that require reboot as it renders the screen useless. I'm thinking there is a conflict with swype and Dolphin since they both use up quite a bit of memory (swype uses less though). This only happens on graphic/code intensive sites on full browser mode.

6. DroidSloth

DroidSloth Newbie

That is the standard browser. Dolphin is a 3rd party app you have to download from the market. It does not have +/- zoom buttons on the bottom because you can pinch zoom.

7. PetiePal

PetiePal Android Expert

I'm probably mistaken remembering then, but when I was using the Dolphin browser (which was its own icon on the home screen apart from the standard browser too) it wouldn't pinch to zoom on any pages?

8. Yeah...in similarity to post #29, who was using the standard browser while thinking he was using the Dolphin browser.

9. it was $1 for the first 24 hours; I believe it is $2.99 now.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews