• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My droid made all my contacts dissapear and...

You didn't give enough details for everyone to comment or provide a solution to your issue. What application are you trying to import/export your contacts from? Depending on that answer, you should go over to gmail and search for a solution on how to properly import your contacts into your gmail account. Once they are in your gmail account, it's simple to just have your phone setup to sync with your online gmail account using one of these solutions. If you want a good qualified resource, here is what I'm currently using and it syncs all of my calendar, email, & contacts on the fly. This is just one solution and you must be currently using MS Outlook in order for this to work. gSyncit for only $14.99. There is also a free trial period, so you can try it before you buy it. Go to http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/index.shtml

The following is from the website:

Available Since March 2007!
Great solution for syncing Outlook Calendars and Contacts with Apple iPhone, Palm Pre, and Android phones with Microsoft Outlook through Google Calendar and Gmail.
FEATURES:
NEW: Google Contact v3.0 protocol support (includes birthday and anniversary field support).
NEW: Secure Sync between Google Calendar/Gmail and Outlook
Synchronize Gmail & Outlook contacts (including photos and groups).
Synchronize multiple Google & Outlook calendars and contact lists.
Synchronize Gmail contacts using Gmail groups.
Advanced calendar and contact sync options.
Synchronize contacts and calendar events using Outlook categories.
Automatically matches entries to reduce duplicate entries.
Supports configurations for different Outlook profiles.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones