Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by BlakeDC, Aug 18, 2010.
DROID Does Scare The Ever Living SH*T Out Of Me!
I think I would shit a brick if that happened to my phone.
Wow, that is crazy!
thats one hell of a security protocol, i tprobly noticed you had a hotter newer phone to replace it, it went all skynet on you and tried to take out some revenge.
damn dude...i would have taken that thing outside. i have seen what an exploding battery can do, and i would not want that inside my house, nor would i want my face within a foot of the thing. you are lucky nothing really serious happened.
i have seen pics of it burning carpet, exploding and sending glass (from the screen of the phone) shards into the persons face, and some more burning of fabric. not fun stuff.
I would ... very carefully ... take that battery to a nearby fire station and let them deal with it. Too many dangerous chemicals in that thing and the fire department is equipped to handle it.
It might be an over-reaction ... but better safe than sorry.
I wonder whether Verizon replaced the phone? He should have contacted Motorola so that they are aware of the problem.
Good job you didnt leave it charging overnight.