1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root My droid x just died please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by loader, Nov 25, 2010.

1. loader

loader Newbie
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    I just bought my Droid X a couple of weeks ago (2.2 and Rooted)... it wanted to do some auto app updates and I told it to do them all... not sure if it was before or after that that I noticed a red light by the ear "piece/speaker" and the phone was on and a battery level warning came on which I thought was premature... I plugged in the power cord the light went to green and I looked over a few minutes later and it was dead... I could be a little off on what happened when but that's what happened. It wont power on now and I've tried holding a few different buttons while powering on and still nothing. I did check the settings the other day and it was successfully backing itself up... not sure how to use that backup though. Please Help! :thinking:

I just looked over after typing this post and the Motorola "M" was on the screen but I couldn't get it to do anything so I pulled the battery and tried again to boot it and... nothing... :(

Advertisement

2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me
    None

Mar 10, 2010
    Studying
    Qu
    Moved your thread to the Droid X section.

Good luck with this issue.

3. bobomatic

bobomatic Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Male
    Bullhead City AZ
    you need to get a battery with some juice. this happened to my X during the 2.2 to 2.1 sbf nightmare. for some reason my phone would not charge once it was completely dead. but if i had to guess, it was cuz it was bricked. if you were just updating apps, i dont think you have anything to worry about. once you get juice you can just to a factory reset. if you have another moto batt you could see if the pins line up..but BEWARE.. if a batt dies during a factory reset.. its no good..

4. loader

loader Newbie
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    If it's just the battery, just plugging it in and charging it would fix it, right? I do think the "charger" that was included with it is a lame set up though.

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    this could be serious trouble. It is a root issue. I'm going to move it there.

6. shrink57

shrink57 Android Expert
    None

Dec 19, 2009
    South Florida
    Make sure when you are charging after a situation where the battery is completely discharged that you use a charger plugged into AC instead of off a computer using the USB cable. I just ran into the same problem, let it charge off the AC outlet and now all is well. Had similar experiences with my original Droid phone.

7. bobomatic

bobomatic Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Male
    Bullhead City AZ
    well. what i think happens when the phone is stuck in a loop, is the phone isnt loading to a point where the phone will recognize the charger.

8. BH3

BH3 Member
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    Steven58 helped me out with this very same issue. The USB charger is a trickle type of charger....it will charge, but not at the rate of an AC charger. Once I charged the phone back up, I was able to flash the sbf file back to the phone, which solved my booting issue and as I type this, I just finished successfully loading my first ROM. I skipped over very important parts of the install process and that's why I ended up feeling doomed. Hope you get everything squared away!