• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My droid x just died please help!

loader

Nov 13, 2010
I just bought my Droid X a couple of weeks ago (2.2 and Rooted)... it wanted to do some auto app updates and I told it to do them all... not sure if it was before or after that that I noticed a red light by the ear "piece/speaker" and the phone was on and a battery level warning came on which I thought was premature... I plugged in the power cord the light went to green and I looked over a few minutes later and it was dead... I could be a little off on what happened when but that's what happened. It wont power on now and I've tried holding a few different buttons while powering on and still nothing. I did check the settings the other day and it was successfully backing itself up... not sure how to use that backup though. Please Help! :thinking:

I just looked over after typing this post and the Motorola "M" was on the screen but I couldn't get it to do anything so I pulled the battery and tried again to boot it and... nothing... :(

you need to get a battery with some juice. this happened to my X during the 2.2 to 2.1 sbf nightmare. for some reason my phone would not charge once it was completely dead. but if i had to guess, it was cuz it was bricked. if you were just updating apps, i dont think you have anything to worry about. once you get juice you can just to a factory reset. if you have another moto batt you could see if the pins line up..but BEWARE.. if a batt dies during a factory reset.. its no good..

Upvote 0
you need to get a battery with some juice. this happened to my X during the 2.2 to 2.1 sbf nightmare. for some reason my phone would not charge once it was completely dead. but if i had to guess, it was cuz it was bricked. if you were just updating apps, i dont think you have anything to worry about. once you get juice you can just to a factory reset. if you have another moto batt you could see if the pins line up..but BEWARE.. if a batt dies during a factory reset.. its no good..

If it's just the battery, just plugging it in and charging it would fix it, right? I do think the "charger" that was included with it is a lame set up though.

Upvote 0
Steven58 helped me out with this very same issue. The USB charger is a trickle type of charger....it will charge, but not at the rate of an AC charger. Once I charged the phone back up, I was able to flash the sbf file back to the phone, which solved my booting issue and as I type this, I just finished successfully loading my first ROM. I skipped over very important parts of the install process and that's why I ended up feeling doomed. Hope you get everything squared away!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones