1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My dying SGSII is going to be operated on.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dynomot, Jan 13, 2013.

1. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Yesterday I woke up to find my "home" button would not work at all. Along with the volume keys that hadn't worked since this incident :

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...56388-dropped-phone-in-dirty-water-saved.html

So having being told by a decent and knowledgeable repairer, who opened it up in front of me that he could repair what was gone that he could see, the corrosion that has caused and is causing these issues is probably, in his experience the tip of the iceberg. He reckons that my phone will die eventually. He's cleaned it, to no avail and says to repair it would cost me

2. vosg

vosg Android Expert

Good luck my friend :)

3. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

Don't forget to transfer all your files/apps and contacts etc to PC beforehand. I have to get a new power button soldered onto mine (or do it myself), after that it *may* wake up from it's coma. All my contacts are on the phone lol (and precious old, working versions of apps such as Shell 3D).

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews