1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

My Eris has 2.1 and it is TERRIBLE

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wordup, May 19, 2010.

1. wordup

wordup New Member

May 19, 2010
    Hello,

My Eris went to 2.1 last week. Since the change, it crashes constantly. The camera often does not work (I just get a black screen), and 50% of the time I try to make a phone call, it just doesn't connect and I have to restart the phone. Also, when I bring up the number pad to find a contact or dial a number, about 50% of the time it is incredibly frustratingly slow so it takes about 15 seconds for each number to register.

Any ideas?

THANKS

Advertisement

2. magic1

magic1 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    Wife has the exact same issue. When she called Verizon their fix was to send a replacement phone!

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Most of the bugs and problems can be fixed with a factory reset which wipes the phone. The silent call bug is widely known though, and hopefully HTC and Verizon will come out with a patch soon.

4. wordup

wordup New Member

May 19, 2010
    I called Verizon. I did a *228, we'll see if that works. They said if it doesn't, do a factory reset, and if that doesn't work, get a new phone.

The tech support lady told me this was the first she had heard about the silent call bug. Also, during the call, I had to hit some buttons on the keypad, which wouldn't come up. She'd never heard of that happening either.