1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root my evo 4g is now on metropc 2 questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anewevo, May 8, 2012.

1. anewevo

anewevo Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2012
    went to a metro store with an old evo 4g and they signed me up.
    i just have 2 questions i have the answering machine from metro, but i cant figure out how i get notified when some one leaves a message any ideas?
    also the icon on the top of the phone next to the wifi icon i think is the gps icon. i have gps turned off and the icon now has a line through it, is there a way to make that icon go away?

Advertisement

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The voicemail notification bug is a little tricky with metro flashed evos. There is a tutorial in the EVO all things root forum that can probably help you with that. I'm not on metro so I'm not 100% sure how to help you with that. I'm on my phone currently or I would link you to the guide directly, sorry.

Now the icon I know how to change. That will involve opening up the Rom and removing the image for the icon. You'll need to download the Rom you're using and with 7zip navigate to: System / Framework / framework-res.apk In that .apk locate the res folder and then open drawable-hdpi in there you'll find the icon images. Locate the images you want to get rid of and simply open them with an image program like Gimp, and erase the image, but leave the canvas. Don't delete the icon entirely, just erase the image and save. Repackage everything up and flash the ROM with the changes. Or you can use the UOT kitchen and make an update .zip.

Another method is to use metamorph to accomplish this while on your phone. That's if they left your phone rooted.

3. anewevo

anewevo Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2012
    Thanks granite! will check it out. I was hoping there was some trick to just removing it from the menu bar

4. anewevo

anewevo Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2012
    any ideas on how to put a call on hold while you look up something and then get back to the call? also no joy on the answering machine notification! TIA cheers

5. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I believe the only way to accomplish this is to either be in a 4G area or have access to a WiFi connection.

The data and phone work off of the same radio so having both on at the same time isn't possible.

I'm suprised the notifications weren't fixed. :(

6. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Male
    East Tawas, MI
    Moved your thread to the ATR subforum. You'll get more appropriate feedback here.

Tags: