• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Evo Experience

louielouie

Jun 21, 2010
Just bought my Evo on Friday. Drove an hour outside Atlanta and found one in a BB. Beautiful phone! Coming from a Palm Pre, it took a little time to get used to , never had an Android phone. I do miss the Pre's multitasking. So far I have not seen a phone that can match that.But after 24 hours with the Evo , I knew that I would not even think of going back to the Pre. So yesterday morning I had it on the kitchen counter and knocked it off. It fell about 3 feet and shattered the LCD pretty bad. I thought of going to a cell phone repair place out of desperation since I have to fly out somewhere this week and paying the 85 bucks, but the repair guy told me that since the EVO digitizer is attatched to the EVO screen, it would be more. He said file the insurance. I did so on the website and the message was that due to a back order, it could be 5-7 days before a phone could be shipped. Bummer, but at least I know that one will come to me eventually.

BTW ,
I hard version 3 hardware and still had a little light leakage.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones