• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my evo is hardier than I am

I was in a scooter (vespa) crash yesterday. My evo was in my right pocket as I was riding along when a person in a van suddenly swerved right in front of me into my lane without warning. I went down on my right side and bounced along the pavement a couple of times. The vespa has a lot of damage on the right side, I have damage on my right side (lots of road rash, swollen knee, etc) BUT the Evo I landed on- just fine. It has a cheapo screen protector and a no-name case from Best buy on it.

I was very lucky ( wearing fullface helmet etc) that my injuries are only annoying and painful but not severe, and it was other guy's fault, but I really wanted to report how impressed I was with evo. In all honesty, the evo was not the first thing I checked as I was picking myself up off the road and talking to witnesses and cops, but I was very pleasantly surprised when I went to call my partner and found the phone was not busted. After some of the horror stories, just thought it might be nice to hear of a good evo tale. I had fully expected the screen to be shattered.

Upvote 0
After some of the horror stories, just thought it might be nice to hear of a good evo tale. I had fully expected the screen to be shattered.

I'm glad you're able to report (I'm a 44 year fire/rescue & now LEO experienced EVO owner) - you are the exception. Of course, generally only those who want to whine about there EVO post, too, so you are an exception there, as well! :D Stay safe!:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones