• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Evo is now re-booting itself...

flyfish1

Feb 20, 2011
I've had my Evo for 2 weeks now and this is the 3rd time where it's just shutting down and re-booting itself.:thinking: The first time is when I finished a call put the phone down and it shut down on it's own and re-booted itself. The other two times is when I got done sending a text message.

Anyone have any ideas? I've only down loaded three apps since I've had the phone. Handcent, MLB, and sports tap. I'm within my 30 days to return it and get another Evo. Just thought I'd ask here first on any thoughts any of you may have.

No not rooted. If it only did it once in while I could live with it, but what I don't want to happen is it gets worse over time. I've got 12 days to return it for a new one. Just don't know what to do.

Most all of you here are damn good with your knowledge of these devices, as I'm not.:eek: I know some have had this same problem, and others good luck with their Evo's. I love the phone and enjoy it very much I just want it to work properly.

Upvote 0
Forget that Iam sure you like all of us New Evo owners got more than one task killer to help save battery life trust me you dont need task killers to help battery life. What will help battery life is recharging and using your phones battery and redoing that often. I get 10 hours to 12 on a non heavy use day and on a heavy use day 8 to 9.
Remove any of the task killers you downloaded as those will be the cause of this problem. I had the same issue and it went away the second I removed the task killers I downloaded.

Remember that Android was ment to run multiple tasks at once and multitaskcular. Let it do its job and it work properly.

Upvote 0
Forget that Iam sure you like all of us New Evo owners got more than one task killer to help save battery life trust me you dont need task killers to help battery life. What will help battery life is recharging and using your phones battery and redoing that often. I get 10 hours to 12 on a non heavy use day and on a heavy use day 8 to 9.
Remove any of the task killers you downloaded as those will be the cause of this problem. I had the same issue and it went away the second I removed the task killers I downloaded.

I agree task killers are bad, but your battery life is still weak.. I'd have to have screen on or be on the phone for 8 hours straight to kill my battery :p

some sprint stores have tech that can fix phones.

Yup, most just have techs that break phones... rofl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones