• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Evo is Possessed..!

OK so ever since Froyo and even before I have been getting horrible battery drainage on stand by. One night on a full charge the phone only lasted 5 hours before going totally dead. Now today as usual I unplugged the phone from the charger at 11pm woke up at my regular 4am and what do I find? The battery is saying 95% so WTF is going on with this handset. I changed nothing as far as running programs. I'm having a hard time understanding this phone and why its so wonky at times.

from what i have read on the forums the battery has a self charge maintance...
what does it mean... when it reaches 100% and its plugged in, it will use the battery even tho the green light is on, and will remain around 95% or so... to prevent over charge and damage to the battery

when you unplug it, and the phone starts to normalize, then u see the true usage... u can see this if you unplug it.. and wait 5 mins, then charge it again until the green light turns on,... u will then see that the battery will take a good 25 mins or half hr to get back to 95%....

it does for me... try it

Upvote 0
Don't feel bad I charge mine to 100% take it off the charger turn the damn thing off wake up turn it on and it starts off at 95% or less. And I take it off the charger within 2 minutes of it turning green. I have tried every trick in the book and nothing helps. I have just given up and accepted that the thing is just odd.

Upvote 0
OK so ever since Froyo and even before I have been getting horrible battery drainage on stand by. One night on a full charge the phone only lasted 5 hours before going totally dead. Now today as usual I unplugged the phone from the charger at 11pm woke up at my regular 4am and what do I find? The battery is saying 95% so WTF is going on with this handset. I changed nothing as far as running programs. I'm having a hard time understanding this phone and why its so wonky at times.

dude yesterday I had the phone on 100% in less than 2 minutes it went to 91% the i started killing programs and stay the for a while .. And i removed the face book app ...

Upvote 0
I don't understand this. Mine doesn't drain fast, but it sure doesn't drain slowly. What settings do you have? Do you even use the phone?

this AM it was just sitting on my office desk. which is comparable to sitting on a dresser over night.

however, i did use it friday. on and off all day in the city (internet, phones calls, texts), camera, showing it off. still had plenty of juice left when i got home that night.

the point is, a phone won't go dead by just having it sit around unless you have a bunch of crap running.

now, i don't use the face book or twitter aps. if i want to check facebook, i use the browser and go to facebook.com

i do have my email going to the phone, but it only checks once per hour. i do use the stock market app, but only set to check when i hit refresh.

key is to turn off all the auto updates, or at least turn the frequency down. i don't run gps all day either. only have 4g on when i needed it.

you do that kind of stuff and the battery will last all day.

although some will say i don't use my phone. i would argue that i don't need to be so connected that i can't live in the real world

Upvote 0
I was home over the weekend and fully charged it overnight . I left it off the charger all day Saturday and half of Sunday and still had about 1/4 charge. I used a few apps and shared some photos to facebook. I Thought my troubles were over since I had been having horrible battery issues at work and couldn't get through a 8 hour day without my phone dying. I barely use my phone at work turned of GPS, WIFI, 4G and Bluetooth. Didn't see any roaming signal pop up on screen and the one time I went online to check my e-mail and a forum I visit never saw any issues. Battery was in the red after 6 hours of work. I can't figure out why it dies at work. It ran great when I first got it and would last a full work day while playing with it all day like we all did when we first got this phone. Starting to piss me off that the phone will die in my pocket at work whether I use it or not. Nothing strange showing in running apps but phone stays AWAKE all damn day.

Upvote 0
I had some problems with juice drain too. I had all of my functions turned on, 4G, Wi-fi, bluetooth and GPS. While on it was explained to me that the programs were constantly looking to connect which drained battery time. I also know that when I pull down my app killer program after general ussage, I have a lot of programs running. I now kill them and only run the drain programs when needed. My battery life has doubled. With moderate usage I can usually get through the day without a charge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones