1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support my evo won't go into sleep mode, help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Scott082, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Scott082

Scott082 Guest

Hi everyone, I just got an evo a couple weeks ago. I love the phone, but after I downloaded the OTA, it won't go into sleep mode. I've turn off all the syncing, tried task killers, tried stopping google talk, the calender, everything I have read in forums. I am thinking my only choice may be to root, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and if anyone actually got it fixed. I really don't want to risk bricking my phone if I don't have to... thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    IT Engineer
    Cali
    Did you set the display to turn off after like 1 minute? If you hit the power button up top does it go to sleep?

3. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    After the OTA mine doesn't sleep if I have WiFi enabled. Sucks pretty bad. Is there a way to reverse the OTA and re-install it?

4. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    IT Engineer
    Cali
    Just use the HTC power controls and push the button on and off for Wifi as needed.. ? IJust a work around for your Wifi screen on issue.

5. GripnRip

GripnRip Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    I don't see this as a viable option. I roam at work and even on verizon get a poor signal (good enough to get calls though). But if i can get a faster data connection by using wifi i'm going to do that. There's got to be a work around.

Tags: