1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My Evo won't turn on! Can't reset!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twilighter, Jun 5, 2011.

1. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2010
    jacksonville, FL
    After updating my phone to Gingerbread, it turned off and won't turn back on. I charged the battery and even borrowed my husbands EVO battery to see if it would turn on and nothing. When I press the power button, the white screen comes on and there is a vibrate and then it goes back off. I've tried power button and volume down to reset but can't do that either. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Derf8966

Derf8966 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    this happened to me right after i updated to GB... so what i did is i completely did a factory reset and now the phones working flawlessly..

do a factory reset.. it worked for me

3. mike daddy

mike daddy Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    hey guys i need help please! so everytime i turn my evo it goes the the white screen with the 3 little andriods at the bottom, this is cause i was trying to flash cyanongen mod 7 using rom manager and i took the battery out in the middle of the loading screen cause it froze and ive tryed putting the PC36IMG.ZIP file on my sd card my phone loads it and it says "update failed, main version is older!" and idk how to fix this, plus at the top my phone is S-ON. any help would be great! thanks!

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    please post root questions in the root section.

it sounds like you may have tried unrooting and flashed the files in the wrong order.

We will need to find the correct pc36img for your hboot. which hboot do you have?

5. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2010
    jacksonville, FL
    As much as I didn't want to, I had to do a factory reset...but my EVO seems to be getting really hot when i charge it way more than before. Anyone else having this problem?

Tags: