1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Experience With GTmax 3500mAh Battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iehawk, Feb 7, 2012.

1. iehawk

iehawk Lurker

I originally followed a similar thread for Galaxy S2, but on the AT&T one. I thought I should posted here instead.

I ordered the GTmax 3500mAh battery as well, arrived last week on Friday.

I didn't get the chance to fully charge it initially, I started using it with the battery at 72% (straight from the mail). When I got home from work, it still had about 30%, so I thought I drained it fast by using Netflix. I watched 2 episodes, 45 minutes each, and it was still going. Also the phone and battery felt barely warm, far from hot.

I just finished running the 2nd full charge just now. So far I'm impressed
    with the battery life. I got 38 hours (down to 7% before plugging into the
    charger).

My previous phone habit with the OEM battery was... well, I barely used the phone aside from briefly running the apps, only when needed. Just trying hard to conserve the battery. I would run out of battery within a day, after about 14 hours.

Now, I can run the Maps, watch Netflix, use Google Docs, browse, etc... and still have enough power to run for the whole day.

I lost the NFC capability... but so far I haven't found the use for it yet. When I do, I'll just carry the OEM battery with me.

The cover actually looks pretty decent, albeit a bit more generic since it doesn't have the texture.

I'll post more photos soon.

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iehawk

iehawk Lurker

Here's the battery chart from my third run-to-drain plus several photos to show the physical difference between OEM and upgraded battery.

Attached Files:

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews