1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General My experience with my new Refurb..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gpa111, Jun 8, 2010.

1. gpa111

gpa111 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Demon Slayer
    San Diego
    So far I have not had the silent call bug, the dialer is much quicker, the overall functionality of the phone is faster, I can type, I can slide from home screens without lag, and my Mflops score actually went up to about 2.3 (stock) from 1.5 or so.

I feel that there are some very bad duds that come out of production and I had one. If you are experiencing issues with yours and you have the ability to (silent call etc) ask for a phone swap, do what I did use it for 5 days see if it is better and send you old one back.

Mine also came with 1.5 and the 1.47 bootloader, but I do not think I am going to root anymore, since the phone is now working as I would want it to.

Just my 2c. Hope it helps someone else.

Advertisement

2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    GASP....not going to root?! Uh oh...run for cover! ;)

3. gpa111

gpa111 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Demon Slayer
    San Diego
    I like to be able to bug Verizon for any issue I have...

And my GF already complains enough about how much time I spend customizing and using my phone.

It was really bad when I first got it, but now that it is working I don't even seem to use it as much. And my data usage went from 2gb / m to like 500 mb...

lol

4. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    Nice. I was only giving you a hard time, I haven't rooted my phone either, I'd love to but I lost my opportunity a while back. My 2.1v3 is treating me very well, can't complain. Hope your "new" Eris continues to provide you with whatever you need it to.