• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My eye camera won't connect to my LG stylo 4

LoneWolf75

Lurker
Oct 10, 2019
Someone help please... I've downloaded the Wyze can app went through each step over and over just to hear the camera say cannot connect to local network. Even factory restored a NETGEAR router to have open password but when I get to router password on wyze cam app it says it can't be blank. These cameras have some awesome out of box features someone please help because I can't wait to see them in action. Thanks to any and all comments in advance!!

uninstall reinstall app. does it say this on your phone? not familiar with it. is this a security camera?
Sorry for the typos. It's a WYZE CAM Security Camera it's fairly easy to follow the app instructions all you do is read and hit next when it tells you. I guess the problem lies in when it says make sure your phone and camera are connected to the same local network. Am I assuming wrong or does that just mean to connect your phone to a router etc. Through wifi and then connect it to the same router through wifi? That's the final step in installation but when I connect my phone to the factory reset NETGEAR 600 router which has no password at the moment (thought it would make it easier) then it says on the WYZE CAM app (that even though it's an open network ) the password space cannot be blank. And now I can't get into NETGEAR GENIE APP to change the password because (seems to me) that app has to have WiFi and data on to get into it and it Won't let you keep both on. Ugggh!! Needless to say the most simple 4 question WYZE CAM app is becoming a PAIN..LOL!! Sorry didn't mean to stretch it out this long but how can I get them on the same network ( any network) without this hassle. If you or anyone else can help step by step it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again in advance!!!!

Upvote 0
You're putting too much attention on that Wyze app and not on the actual problem. You need to get your phone connected to your WiFi network in order for that app, or any app, to be able to connect to your local network. That app cannot function if your phone isn't set up properly, it's your phone that needs to detect and connect to your home network.
In your case, I'd strongly recommend you just hire a local IT person to come out and set up your router for you. If you're averse to this, just keep in mind that your home network needs to be set up in a safe and secure way, today's Internet is a very, very hazardous entity so for you and your family it's important not to skimp on this. Look at this as a long-term investment, not just an expense. Once it's set up and functioning, adding things like a security camera will be a lot less of hassle.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones