1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My fascinate has issues need advice please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lilbear2590, Mar 4, 2011.

1. lilbear2590

lilbear2590 Lurker
    None

Mar 4, 2011
    chicago
    received my fascinate in the mail on January 27, 2011...
    by february 5th i had already taken it to verizon store, the guy was nice and helpful insisted i needed the software updates but if it didn't fix my problems he would swap it for a new one...

the problems just keep adding up..
    -battery will suddenly say fully charged when it's not have to disconnect it and reconnect it, upon disconnecting it flashes and beeps and says connect to charge.
    - texts never come in saying the right contact name, until i go into the message i have no idea who it is.. it will pop up saying a contacts name i havent even talked to in days, weeks, etc. sometimes it won't even show a name it will show the phone number.
    - when opening apps/contacts/ messaging... it frequently force closes multiple times i have to lock the phone and unlock it to get it to open again.
    - when clicking the green phone button in call log next to persons name it randomly calls someone else (at first i thought i accidently hit it, but the problem happened multiple times now realizing i was hitting the person i wanted to call)
    - when the phone is turned horizontal to type many times nothign shows up when typing have to turn back vertical to see, this also happens when it's vertical but i have to actually cancel the message or what i am doing and re-open it.
    -and now this morning the phone is over heating and shutting off, and can not turn it on for a good 20 minutes, this has happened multiple times, i can't even get it to charge again.

the problems started with the messages reading wrong and minor things and have lead to bigger ones, since i had already visited that certain vzw store i thought best to return to that one.. i finally got back there on february 25th spoke with the same guy.. i specifically said i wanted a new one, which he infromed me i would be receiving via fed ex in two days it was not to be a refurbished or certified pre-owned considering the phone was still not a month old and it is a $200 phone. i got the phone this past monday opened the box and there was a CERTIFIED PRE OWNED.. called verizon and b.c. the store ordered the phone i have to take it back to that store, she said i shoudlnt have gotten a pre-owned one but instead a refurbished.. which they are basically the exact same.

i just need some advice of where to go and how to handle this.. if the phone was 3 months old fine replace it with a used one, but i think it's not out of the question that i should be entitled to a new one.. considering the amount of time ive had it and everything wrong with it..

uhhh frusteratedddd :(

Advertisement

2. tgulch22

tgulch22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    Paramedic
    Perrysburg, OH
    Well, first off it sounds like something is wrong with the phone...obviously. First step, do a factory reset and try that first. If you still have the problem then get a different phone. You will never get a NEW phone from verizon, you will get certified preowned. Which actually is close enough to the same. They look brand new, they operated like a brand new phone, and are treated like a brand new phone. If anything goes wrong with it in the warranty period you get a new one. Dont stress about getting pre owned, it is just like new.

I would take the phone they sent you, and use it, see if your problems continue.