1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My fascinate turns on but screen is dark??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fascinateme, Feb 19, 2011.

1. fascinateme

fascinateme Newbie
    None

Jan 14, 2011
    rochester, mn
    I've had my fascinate for a few months, got it new, no problems..love it. Not rooted..haven't added any apps or dropped it lately. This am I took off charger, hit power button, makes startup sound..but no screen splash..bottom keys light up white..but black screen?? Pulled battery, same thing...any ideas before I take it to vzw store?? Really sucks cause I can't get there till Monday now! Thanks much in advance of your help..

Advertisement

2. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    Police Dispatcher
    TN
    Mine does the same thing.....EVENTUALLY it comes up, but it takes a while.

3. bradmatic

bradmatic Guest
    None
    ditto. have problem where i'm in the middle of doing something, screen goes black (back light still on) and soft keys are illuminated with no touch response. battery pull fixes it.

been talking to vzw support for possible fix.

sure hope the fix isn't a 3rd phone. if so, i might switch to a different model.

4. fascinateme

fascinateme Newbie
    None

Jan 14, 2011
    rochester, mn
    I have tried the battery pull again and screen comes back. Now I also have problem of screen timing out...(after the 30 seconds that I have it set totime out for if not active, in phone settings). But it wont always come out of sleep when I tap the power button. Bottom keys light up though when touched. Hooking it up to charger will bring it back sometimes or I have to pull battery again. So in other words if I don't let the screen sleep, all is good. Weird, but not sure if there's an easy fix for this??

5. Bungalowbill

Bungalowbill Newbie
    None

May 14, 2010
    This happened to me yesterday while playing with Music Player. I had to pull the battery and the phone switched to safe mode when it came back up. I shut the Fascinate down and pulled the battery again - waiting 5 minutes before re-inserting. It re-booted correctly, but Fancy Widget wouldn't load.

The oddest part was my daughter had a similar problem 9black screen) yesterday with her Moto Droid. She had to pull the battery several times before the phone was functional.

6. henstoneswifey

None

May 4, 2011
    Mine does it alot. I found out that if someone calls while its locked up, it will help it come back on.

7. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    Likewise, mine has done the same thing periodically. Never did track down the "why of it", but I did discover that I can make it repeat that situation by opening too many apps at the same time. ie, when using "My Places" a gps app for finding places to eat, 'what's near here", and I start asking it to do a lot in a hurry without allowing it to complete the 1st task..... lockup time. After a time of or two of that, I have learned to just put it down and wait. It will eventually finish up doing something and return from limbo land. The few long delays on power up I hazarded a guess that an update was occurring to something because it always powers up and is ready to go eventually. Just glad it don't happen too often. Love the phone, but some of the idiosyncrasies can drive you batty.