• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Father and Andriod

Hi All, im new to this forum, so please bare with me.

My Last 2 phones have both been Andriod phones, i have just upgraded to the Desire S, and i love it, but that leaves me with my last phone (a Wildfire) laying around the place, so my father asked if he could have it (for a price of course), to which i said yeah sure.

He has been using it for a week now, and he came to me with a problem, u see my father isnt exactly technically preficient, he was complaining about the phone application that you use to dial numbers, he keeps accidentally ringing people while scrolling through his contacts, so i installed another dialer for him to use, the Dialer One application off the marketplace, the trouble is, is that this application isnt without its flaws.

So i was just wondering if anyone here could perhaps suggest a dialer that was simple enough for him to use, without accidentally dialing someone on his contacts list, i have been trying to make it so that intead of a dialer coming up when u press the phone button, maybe it could open say the people application, this would be much simpler and means he wouldent accidentally dial someone unless he wanted to by tapping their name, but this doent seem to be possible.

Thanks in advance for any replies/suggestions that anyone could offer me on this, mark-pdavies.

I use call confirm and have never accidentally called anyone since!

Maybe not, just the texting to sort out now, so can I delete those texts you sent me, I am not even one of your constituents :p

As for Mark's dad - it's just old male big clumsy finger syndrome, been there, got the t-shirt, it takes a while to get used to the new precise delicate screen, so practice, practice & practice some more :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones