1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My favorite mug got broken :(

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MoodyBlues, Jan 8, 2020.

1. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

I found my favorite latte mug in the kitchen trash...broken. :( My helper has some splainin' to do. :eek:

It's part of a set that I've had for 20(?) years.

I've done a cursory search online based on its manufacturer (still in business), and other info from its bottom. I took pictures of it, too.

If you're bored one day and feel like doing some sleuthing, here's its info:

mug_010820_4.jpg

mug_010820_1.jpg

mug_010820_2.jpg

mug_010820_3.jpg

I'd be thrilled to find one, but if anyone turns up a set, I'd happily take it. :)

Let me be the first to say it:
    #FirstWorldProblems

Advertisement

lunatic59 and MrJavi like this.
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Made in China, not of china.

Try Ebay?

tommo47, MoodyBlues and MrJavi like this.
  3. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Sorry to hear that MoodyBlues. It most definitely is a nice mug. I can see why its your favorite. fortunately, it wasn't the handle or the top rim that broke. :(

ocnbrze, MoodyBlues and mikedt like this.
  4. MoodyBlues

That's it! That's definitely it, @tommo47, great sleuthing! :)

However...when I follow its 'buy this on eBay' link, it's not there, just several other, unrelated items. But you've given me hope.

How are you feeling? How are you doing with things like appetite, energy, stamina, etc.? I hope you're doing great. :D

tommo47 and ocnbrze like this.
  5. MoodyBlues

Yep. Well, it says it's stoneware.
    I did. I mean I ended up there via various searches; I haven't yet searched eBay itself.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. tommo47

tommo47 Android Expert

:( I did wonder if it was historic. In the UK we have various second-hand market places, eg Shpock, Preloved and Gumtree where you can buy and sell almost anything. My wife is a Shpock addict!! I think you have Gumtree but the other two may be Europe/UK only or you may have something similar - good luck with your search anyway :).

I can't say I'm 'doing great' just yet :rolleyes:, I think 'making slow but steady progress' fits the bill :D. I'm coming to terms with having to take things really carefully and getting used to nutrition packed but not very appetising supplements :thinking: to increase my calorie intake.

I've got the Ultrasound scan next Monday, after which, hopefully, we will have a much better idea what the treatment path will be :).

#7 tommo47, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    MoodyBlues likes this.
  7. tommo47

tommo47 Android Expert

Hi @MoodyBlues,

If you haven't got this info yet, I thought you might find it useful, particularly the Customer Service contact :-

Screenshot_20200109-134935.png :)

#8 tommo47, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  8. MoodyBlues

Thanks for the update, @tommo47. You're making progress, and that's good. Slow and steady sounds just about right for now. :)

Please keep us posted as to your treatment plan, and how you're doing in general.

Oh, thanks for the contact info. I had come across their site yesterday (that's how I found they're still in business), but haven't contacted them yet. From perusing the site, I didn't get the sense they carry replacement stock, but hopefully they can direct me.

tommo47 likes this.