• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My files issue

thequeenscheese

Android Expert
Nov 8, 2010
my files has for some unknown to me reason started to show my music files on the sd card as image thumbnails with no name tag , when I open a folder (album) I can watch each MP3 icon named folder turn into a thumbnail one after another making it impossible to select a single wanted track?

This is a new happening I've been able to view them easily before with no issue, I've noticed this as I e been looking into why Google play music/Google auto wouldn't see the folders as albums properly I've now got an app changing the id3 tags for this ( that's unrelated as they changed to thumbs before I installed it ).

ES file explorer sees everything fine?

Any help appreciated thanks..

Try going into your S7's Settings >> Application manager and find the 'My Files' app (as it's a system app it'll probably buried in the 'All' tab listing). Tap on its 'Force stop' button and then the 'Clear data' button, that will clear its cache and settings. Now start up the My Files app again, and be sure to tap on its menu button to get to the Settings options, and take a look at 'View by' option too, that has selections for 'List', 'List and details', and 'Thumbnail' that might be related to your problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones