• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My first 3 hours with the Inc2

mtollin

May 4, 2010
OK, So I can't give you a battery run down test yet, so far only used it while either plugged into car outlet or wall charger, but here are my immediate impressions.

I was using the origional Inc with Amoled. I had a Seido 1750 battery and am a medium to high user for phone calls, web, and push email.

1st off, don't be afraid of using a screen other than Amoled. This screen rocks! Not "quite" as sharp as the Iphone, but pretty impressive. Only other screen I'd want is on the new Samsung Fascinate. Don't look at it or no phone will ever impress you again for screen clarity!

On my previous Inc I had the Ghost screen protector, and this time I opted for the removable type Verizon sells. Wow! It cut the glare and my finger slides smoothly across the screen again. On the Ghost it may be able to withstand a harpoon, but my fingers always stuck while dragging.

On to the phone A completely new feel. The newer Sense is much smoother both in operation and functionality. With the faster speed, dare I say, this thing feels more like an iphone for sexyness while using it. No stutter, everything is rock solid and smooth.

My Exchange server linked up almost flawless, a couple of duplicate entries.

The size of the screen makes such a big difference I can't believe it. I'm making far fewer mistakes on the keyboard.

It still fits beautifully in my back pocket!

Haven't had a chance to play with all the functionality, but to me, it's like a different phone, but without the learning curve.

Here are some other items I know so far...

I plan to call Verizon, seems the won't automatically sync if roaming, option grayed out.

Inc1 batteries, YES THEY WILL WORK IF you do the modification in another thread I found. My Seido 1750 works perfect and fits in stock back if you file the corner tabs off.

And why did I pick this over the Charger 4g? I believe it will be a long time until they get the bugs out of 4g. Also I need battery life, and I really wanted global. I go out of the country 1 or 2 times a year, and it was becoming a hassle turning on an old Imagio for travel, and then not having even half the apps I use on the phone.

So there you have it, nothing technical, nothing, scientific, but simple a guy who walked in to see the new generation and found himself having to have it. By the way, and I can't confirm or deny this, but the rep was one of those rare ones who is a geek and knew his stuff. He claims in this version of Sense it using less battery life and no longer gives that stupid out of memory error message when you have tons available. He claims no more cache clearing.

We'll see....:)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones