1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

My first android device

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by gabrielorie, Jan 8, 2012.

1. gabrielorie

gabrielorie Member
    None

Hey there,this is my first post here,so hi :) I've been lurking around for around 3 months and i've finally decided to get my first android phone...I have a couple of choices - My first option is an Atrix,it has 1gb of ram,but only a 5mp camera,plus i heard the motoblur on this phone sucks,so still considering this...Another motorola that caught my eye is the droid bionic,it has everything i want in it and i can afford it but its at the extreme top of my budget.I've seen the motorola droid x and x2,both beautiful phones and has the specs that i want,really affordible but the only con is that they both have 512 mbs of ram and have froyo,i doubt they'll get the ICS update :(...I want to play lots of games on my phone but i'm thinking the bionic would be more essential cause of the better ram,will the ram be a big difference?Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. MarkWoods

MarkWoods Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    Sprint Social Media
    Spokane, WA
    Are you open to a Samsung phone? Check out the Galaxy S2. Yes the memory is going to play about as big a part as the processor.

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/sho...0014&flow=AAL&planSKUId=&ptn=&tabId=dt_phones

3. gabrielorie

gabrielorie Member
    None

The Galaxy S II was one of my first choices,or one of the variants but i need an unlocked phone,without a contract...There's no sprint or verizon here,or any other american carrier in that matter.

4. gabrielorie

gabrielorie Member
    None

*bump* anyone? :/

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Where are you anyway? In other countries there are Samsung stores where you can buy unlocked phones.

6. gabrielorie

gabrielorie Member
    None

Trinidad and Tobago, in the Caribbean...An unlocked Galaxy S II is $900 USD so thats out of my list...I'd like to buy a Droid X2 or either the Droid Bionic, im more interested in the X2 though but the only difference is that it has 512 mb of ram,is phone ram that important?Especially since i'm gonna be using a lot of apps.