• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My first android phone - samsung captivate glide?

timmytucker

Sep 10, 2012
I've been using a Nokia E71 on straight talk for 2 years now. I really do love my phone, but it really is showing its age.

I've used an ipod touch and I can't get use to touch screen. So it is necessary for me to have a keyboard. I really want a portrait keyboard, but all of the phones available on AT&T blow.

The only one I found that is somewhat acceptable is the Motorola Pro+. It is only available internationally though. I found one on Amazon but there were a lot of reviews saying the phone came damaged. I found some on ebay for a good price, but the dude was unable to tell me if it was the Canadian version (having a euro symbol on the key rather than a dollar sign would bother me too much).

I can get the Samsung captivate glide for just a little more, it's more powerful, better camera.... pretty much better everything... just a slide out keyboard. They go new for roughly 260 too. It looks like the best deal in town.

Does anybody have anything else to recommend before I go through and buy me one of these? Or any comments on the device?

I was in the same exact position as you and went to the Captivate Glide from my Nokia E71. I loved that phone. I have the Skyrocket now and oftentimes miss the ease of the Glide. I can tell you the keyboard experience is not quite comparable to that of the E71 or Blackberry, seeing how the form factor is different and I've found the keys to be slighthy flat on the Glide (maybe to give a thinner look), but all in all I would say go for it.
And the Samsung Captivate Glide is a varation of the Galaxy SII not the Galaxy S as is the Epic 4G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones