• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps my first application crush

1. to mills2533: I downloaded the first link from
http://lge-phones.org/download-lg-optimus-one-p500-usb-driver.html
and tried to launch my app after installing (while my devices pluged in).
but the device chooser window was still empty (except my emulator)

2. to jonbonazza: no effect

3. to Kostas G: the catlog works perfectly
I see an errror:
"java.lang.RubtimeExceptaion: Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo{...}:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: myapp.v1.MainActivity in loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[/data/app/myapp.v1-1.adk]
"
I got lots more rows, I think they are trace flow (start with "at")
I got no clue how to read this and what to look for (this is my first app on mobile) please advise..

Upvote 0
I'm assuming myapp.v1.MainActivity is in your AndroidManifest.xml file since you said the app works on the emulator. Are you using proguard to obfuscate your app?

If you still want to get Eclipse's logcat working, try this.

When you connect your phone, I would do it without the emulator open. Then after you connect it, go to the DDMS tab in Eclipse and see if you see your phone there and can transfer files back and forth. If you can do that, that means Eclipse is recognizing your phone. You'll want to execute the app on your phone since you said it is already installed there. Eclipse will keep a running logcat of the phone's activity as long as it is connected. If it isn't recognized on the DDMS tab, it is still most likely a driver issue with your computer's OS.

Upvote 0
How did you create your APK file? In your post you mention an ADK file. This is a typo, isn't it? Anyway, it seems that your APK file isn't created properly.

by saying the apk file created inpropery you gave me the idea that maby changing the package name might caused inner errors.
so I started the project anew (save the old one in a diffrent name) and now it's working fine on my phone.
although i didn't got to the same point as before, so I'll know for sure only in a few days..
does anyone want me to post my conclusions in a few days?
anyway, thanks everyone..

Upvote 0
by saying the apk file created inpropery you gave me the idea that maby changing the package name might caused inner errors.
so I started the project anew (save the old one in a diffrent name) and now it's working fine on my phone.
although i didn't got to the same point as before, so I'll know for sure only in a few days..
does anyone want me to post my conclusions in a few days?
anyway, thanks everyone..

Go ahead and post the conclusion. It might be helpful to someone in the future. =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones