1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My first big problem :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rioja, Dec 9, 2009.

1. rioja

rioja Guest

Hope someone can help. Since yesterday my phone has been running hotter than normal. Meaning it's physically warmer on the battery cover. Also my battery dies in about 4 hours.

I've restarted it many times, but it hasn't helped. There is no sluggishness, everything is running as normal except Gmail cannot send anything for some reason, it just gets stuck :(

The only thing I've updated in the last 48 hours is gTasks from the Market.

Any ideas? Does it have to go back???

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Android Expert

If your battery drains from full to empty in under 4 hours, unless you are playing music, watching a video and browsing the net constantly all at the same time, something is definatly wrong hardware wise.

I would send it back for a look

3. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert

I'd try a factory reset first, but if that makes no difference then yeah, send it back.

4. capuman

capuman Well-Known Member

you made sure you haven't got stuff running in the background as well? gPS, wIFI etc etc?

5. rioja

rioja Guest

Yea... nothing is running in the background.
    I have a good understanding of the phone and Android in general. Used Astro to have a look at processes/etc and do not see anything out of the ordinary.

I'll try the factory reset today. If it doesn't work I guess it goes back. Thankfully it's under my 30 days.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews