1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My first ever Android Application

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by AyoS, Apr 22, 2012.

1. AyoS

AyoS Lurker

Heard of my new Android App that pass code protects the incoming calls of selective contacts and all contacts? It's called Xumba and is finally being after months of very hard work and patience.

It works seamlessly; I asked an 'epic' developer friend of mines to test and debug the code.

Here is the blog I am using to describe and promote Xumba: Protect Incoming Calls

Most importantly, I want feedback from the pro's and learners of this forum as that will encourage me to build bigger and better apps.

Thanks
    AyoS

itisufo likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

This app seems like an awesome idea. I can definitely see uses for it. I have used apps to do this with texts, but never with phone calls.

AyoS likes this.
  3. AyoS

AyoS Lurker

Thanks Charlie, I really appreciate your encouraging words! :)

Anything that I can do to improve Xumba?

4. chrlswltrs

I'll install it and try it out this week. I am working 32 hours this weekend so I won't have the time to do some through testing to give you any feedback until later in the week

5. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Great idea! There's not many apps that protects incoming calls; hope you get wonderful user reviews. I might try it out in the near future.

6. itisufo

itisufo Lurker

hi AyoS ,I can not open the site.

AyoS likes this.
  7. AyoS

AyoS Lurker

Hi Charlie, any feedback from a guru is definitely what I'm looking for. I'm not yet a brilliant developer so I really want to take my skills to the next stage

Hi Austrie, that's what I thought while I was looking for an app that protected my incoming calls from my nosy close friend

Hi itisufo, which website are you referring to? I have a blog which is Xumba - Protect Incoming Calls and then there is the very long Google Play link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS54dW1iYS5hbmRyb2lkIl0.

8. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Android Expert

Hello,
    I am moving this thread to the Application Announcement forum, as it is better suited for this type of post.

Congrats on releasing the app!

9. AyoS

AyoS Lurker

Thanks Jon. Is there any advice that you can give to someone like me who knows nothing about promoting a new app and really wants to increase awareness?

Thanks in advance!

10. chrlswltrs

I was going to download it so that I could test it this week, but the market says it's not compatible? I have an E4GT with CM9 (ICS)[​IMG]

11. AyoS

AyoS Lurker

Thanks for the heads up, will look into that and try to resolve it asap.

12. AyoS

AyoS Lurker

Hi Charles,

My app doesn't support the Cynnigen mod as of yet because of some restrictions the Cynnigen mod has on the hardware.

Thanks for the effort to install it, well appreciated.

chrlswltrs likes this.
  13. chrlswltrs

Let me know if you get it working on CM9 and I'll try it out

AyoS likes this.
  14. AyoS

AyoS Lurker

I'm looking at ways to support CM9 now! Will post any progress and updates here.

Thanks
    Ayo

chrlswltrs likes this.