1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root My first root - Android Revolution

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RussWWFC, Feb 16, 2011.

1. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Android Enthusiast

Okay then. After experiencing several annoying problems with my phone, I decided to root.

I chose to use the Android Revolution Rom located here (I chose the Non-HTC sense version for that may have been causing my issues.

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 2.0.11 | High Quality & Performance | OC | Sense/no-Sense - xda-developers

after following this guide

How To Root, S-Off And Install Custom ROMs On The Desire HD | Hemorrdroids.net

Only problem I encountered along the way was when I wiped data before installing the Rom initially, this got rid of Clockwork recovery. This got rid of the visionary and superuser apps and meant I was unable to install from SD Card.

The thread did advise to change the radio if you are on 2.0.xx.

I was unsure so have left things as they are, especially as a guide I was reading said it was "very risky"

I'm just in the process of reinstalling everything and setting up my accounts once more and will be sure to post back on here if there are any problems.

Likewise I will report back on performance etc. I'd like feedback on issues though, like does it matter that I've not changed the radio. It connects to the internet OK so I will assume for the present that all is fine

Advertisement

2. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Android Enthusiast

A few hours later with it, very happy. Much nicer lock screen with silencing as well as unlocking. Nice and snappy too. Time will tell if it alleviates my problem of it forgetting the SMS and ringtones,

3. Zanim

Zanim Lurker

I just did something similar, I too wiped before installing the rom. The rom installed no problem but I no longer have visonary but i do have the super user icon.

Did you just redo the visonary process by temp rooting then perm rooting?

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Visionary puts the superuser app on stock roms. Custom roms already have this so should not need visionary again

If you're using rom manager, you tick the wipe option and it will wipe from recovery.

The Rom.doesn't need to be rooted to be flashed over. You just need clockwork recovery. However, Rom manager needs SU to boot into recovery

Suffice to say, wiping via the android menu rather than Rom manager or recovery.is a no no

5. Hurston2510

Hurston2510 Lurker

That guide is excellent I'm confused i I need to make a gold card or no?

My desire hd is unlocked to any network but it has virgin mobile start-up and shut down logos, would I need to create a gold card or no??

Thanks in advance guys !!

6. ynwa

ynwa Well-Known Member

Not an expert but i believe if youre phone is network branded you do need a gold card. Having a virgin boot logo would suggest to me it is branded.