• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My first SmartPhone - Mytouch Slide 3g

Hey guys. I am receiving my very first touch phone and my very first smart phone all wrapped up in a single wonderful and miraculous package.

The funny part is, I was complaining about my "old" phone (which I bought only a month ago); begging for my carrier to replace it with something better. The rep I was speaking to threw out this "mytouch" phone casually, as though he didn't think it would really satisfy me.

I liked the features and I liked the pricetag ($50!) and I liked the color. When I got home and did a little research, Lo and Behold did I discover that this phone was released to the public only a few days ago. Not only is it Brand Spankin' New, but it has a feature set that I am drooling over. I can hardly wait to begin playing around with this sexy, sexy gadget. I have been a fan of smartphones for a long time, and I was leaning towards purchasing an Iphone eventually...

However, I get an ugly feeling in my stomach whenever I think about giving money to Apple, a company that:

• overuses proprietary software/hardware
  • doesn't seem to value the time or money of its customers
  • maintains a vice-like grip over the development of it's operating system
  • cripples the creative potential of any of its technologically inclined users
  • imposes needless restraints on its products, locking them down tight and infuriating the true techies
So android is the OS for me. Now I find that this MyTouch Slide has a standard Headphone jack, SD cardslot, is Itunes compatible, and supports SNES EMULATION!!!!

So I'm stoked as the fires of hell about my upcoming new phone. I get it tomorrow and it feels like it will never come. Does anyone else have this phone? Any tips or tricks I should know about? I'd love to hear any information you have to offer.

I plan on being a regular fixture at this forum. I hope you can learn to appreciate me as I will appreciate you.

Dragonnas

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones