1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

My first smartphone Nexus S vs Atrix Help

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jghoffman01, Aug 10, 2011.

1. jghoffman01

jghoffman01 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    Trying to decide which phone to buy. Will probably buy it tomorrow, so just looking for some last minute advice. Both are being sold on ATT now for the same price. I'm really torn.

Both have nice battery life from what I hear, not sure which ones better. The Atrix obviously has the dual core processor, but some comparisons say both perform very well. Some even say the Nexus S has less lag in certain areas. I've heard the Super Amoled screen on the Nexus S is nicer looking than the Atrix's screen. Lastly there's the difference between the pure Android experience of the Nexus S vs the motoblur of the Atrix, which I hear many people don't like.

Oh, and many people on Sprint have complained about signal issues with the Nexus S, saying that there's still a problem even after the update that was supposed to fix it. Does anyone know if it's having the same signal problems on ATT's network?

Lastly, I'm about to start school to learn computer programming with one of my goals being to make android games. Do you think one of these phones would be better than the other for testing out games?

Feel free to throw in your two cents about anything I have or haven't touched on between the two phones. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Just saw this today and this might be something to look at. Motorola Atrix is now running Gingerbread, and with that they brought the new version of Motorola's applications platform (different from the old motoblur it used to be).

Motorola Atrix 4G Gingerbread Hands-On - YouTube

My advice would be to get a lil hands on time with both to decide which one you like better personally. The dual core might be better for certain games, but in the end its going to come down to a personal preference.

3. jghoffman01

jghoffman01 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2011
    Wow, that was a nice find. I'm glad to see the update fixes a lot of problems with the Atrix. It's hard to get hands on with the Nexus S since it's only being sold at Best Buy right now. I think I will most likely choose the Atrix now that it has gingerbread. Thanks.

4. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    No problem, enjoy your new phone :)

5. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    If having the latest OS updates ASAP is important to you then the Nexus line is a better choice.

I strongly suggest checking these out in person before purchasing rather than solely relying on what you've read.

B2L likes this.