1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

my first smartphone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sargam, Dec 20, 2011.

1. sargam

sargam Lurker

What are the good apps for my phone i am using galaxy y... :thinking:By that my phone stay smooth

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Welcome to the forums... thanks for joining!

You might like to check out the Samsung Galaxy Y - Android Forums sub-forum for more info from other users of your device.

Good apps is a very wide ranging question... it depends what you want to do with your phone... do you want to use if as a social media device, to play music/videos, do a lot of web browsing... the list could go on.

Here are a couple of apps that either I have found useful or others have suggested to me:

Barcode Scanner - does what it says on the tin!
    Bump - used to transfer files from one phone to another (both phones must have the app on)
    Double Twist - music player (and Air Sync - lets you transfer stuff between your pc/mac and also allows PS3/Xbox streaming)
    Dropbox - 2Gb of free online storage that can be accessed from your phone - follow my link and get we both get an extra 250Mb - http://db.tt/g9awoEX
    Lookout Mobile - like secturity for your mobile... it checks permissions of apps and lets you know they're ok, as well as having a few other cool features.
    Google+ - 'cos it's great!
    MyPhoneExplorer - you need the app and the PC/Mac version... it is a sync app... better than the HTC one that came with my phone
    Dolphin Browser HD / Dolphin Browser Mini - Internet browser (better than stock)
    Opera Mini - another internet browser (again, better than stock)

Most of the apps I have mentioned are free - there is at least one (Air Sync) that is not.

Hope that has been of some help to you - enjoy the forums!

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. Here's a link with a list of the "must have" Android applications.

Enjoy your time here. Happy Holidays.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

If you'd like, you can review the apps installed on my phone. I can't say which will be of most use to you, but it will give you an idea.

lunatic59's Samsung Galaxy S2 on AppBrain

5. mklove

mklove Lurker

Hi, I'm new to the world of a superphone, an android, a samsung etc. And i LOVE it! :) Also new to fourms... I've got lots to check out and learn... Wish me luck!

6. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Welcome and good luck!