Welcome to the forums... thanks for joining!
You might like to check out the Samsung Galaxy Y - Android Forums
sub-forum for more info from other users of your device.
Good apps is a very wide ranging question... it depends what you want to do with your phone... do you want to use if as a social media device, to play music/videos, do a lot of web browsing... the list could go on.
Here are a couple of apps that either I have found useful or others have suggested to me:
- does what it says on the tin!
- used to transfer files from one phone to another (both phones must have the app on)
- music player (and Air Sync
- lets you transfer stuff between your pc/mac and also allows PS3/Xbox streaming)
- 2Gb of free online storage that can be accessed from your phone - follow my link and get we both get an extra 250Mb - http://db.tt/g9awoEX
- like secturity for your mobile... it checks permissions of apps and lets you know they're ok, as well as having a few other cool features.
- 'cos it's great!
- you need the app and the PC/Mac version... it is a sync app... better than the HTC one that came with my phone
Dolphin Browser HD
/ Dolphin Browser Mini
- Internet browser (better than stock)
- another internet browser (again, better than stock)
Most of the apps I have mentioned are free - there is at least one (Air Sync) that is not.
Hope that has been of some help to you - enjoy the forums!