1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General My First Week with A500

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Black Llama, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Black Llama

Black Llama Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Finance/Technology
    Connecticut
    Greetings all! First time poster here, have been an android user for a little under 2 years now. Started with a Samsung on Spint, upgraded to an Evo 4g on it's launch and recently downsized my mass of technology (Ipad, Itouch, Kindle) into 1 Acer A500 tablet.

I have an Acer laptop (which I love as well) at home, which slightly skewed my reason for purchasing this over the Galaxy tab or any other. I was going to upgrade my Evo to the 3d version next week, but after reading a lot of the reviews and considering how much time I'm spending with my new tab I think I'm going to hold off. Anyways, just wanted to give some quick impressions on the device and my experiences.

Positives :

The screen is beautiful. I've copied some 720p tv rips to is and they look great (well after installing an app to watch them)

I love the fact that any app that I purchase/download with my Evo is available to use on my A500 as well.

I'm in the Google Music beta, and it's an incredible experience on the A500. Sounds great, and looks great as well.

Once you figure out how to import .mobi files, it works great with the Kindle app for an e-reader.

It's outstanding in terms of speed and gaming. I have a wireless network in my house and I'll hit great speeds on WIFI even at 1 or 2 bars.

Cons :

The power cord. It's about 5' too short. Also, why can't it charge through the mini usb.....

Getting used to Honeycomb. I'll admit, I'm pretty tech savvy and there's a bit of a learning curve between Gingerbread and Honeycomb. I'm used to it now, the first couple of days though there was a lot of nonsense.

Weight. It's not absurdly heavy, but it can get taxing trying to hold it with one hand

Accessories. I'm still waiting for a good case or docking station for it. I would also love to see some kind of car-kit

Advertisement

Lofeg likes this.
  2. bean8378

bean8378 Lurker
    None

Jun 16, 2011
    BI Report Developer
    Minnesota
    Great review. The A500 is my first ever android device, so I love these forums. I am really enjoying my A500 as well.

Check out my recommendation for a case. I have had it for a full day now and really like it. I am able to prop up my tablet and use it to watch some TV episodes I have transferred to it which is very nice.

3. splatoid

splatoid Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    Repair Technician for Grocery stores Auto meat wra
    Washington State
    Yeah what is up with this damn power cord. Duh
    I also use the bate music from Google and it is nice I also have it on my phone.