• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My first week with the Samsung Galaxy I7500

Nice;) Where'd you get it from in the end?

sotel.de - It looks like a small shop. They used GLS postal service, but inside the EU that's fine because there's no holdup with VAT etc. Also they shipped right away (well I hit the weekend, but as fast as they could i guess).

www.Handyzek.de: are a waste of time, they won't have them for a week or so, and its the O2 branded one

www.es-mobilfunk.de: they want bank transfer and won't take credit card (bad idea because you'll have no protection!), but they ship UPS

www.telefon.de: They don't have unlocked ones

www.Misco.de replied to me after I had already placed the order:

--
Teh shipping cost would be by 15,00

Upvote 0
So 1 week has gone since I got my precious Samsung Galaxy I7500 and I thought I might summarize my experiences.

My first disappointment with this phone was when I woke up the next morning realizing that the battery, which was on 100% the night before was almost empty!!

Mine does the same thing. It just does not last long.:mad:

This sort of succeeded for me when I found the application

Upvote 0
I'd prefer not to be just an indicator, and the user having to manage it manually...but the system overall doing a better job using the battery
Well, step 1 is always to obtain good measurements, only then can you start to tune. If we get to see the current-draw in real time that would be very nice -- having it shown per app would really incite the 'offenders' to improve.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I am having some serious problems with my Galaxy i7500.

Firstly the battery life is terrible as many members have noted above. Furthermore, I am unable to consistently charge the phone. Actually, I left it on the A/C (wall plug) charger all night and in the morning found that it had no charge at all! And no, the problem is not the charger because it has a light on the charger indicating it is receiving power + I used the original charger as well as USB charging.

Could my battery be defective? If so how could I get a new one?

Another big problem I have is with the NPS software. I installed it then plugged in the phone but the software only detected "Android" external memory storage. It could not "see" my Galaxy phone at all. Thus I cannot update the firmware using NPS.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling NPS multiple times. The result is always the same.

I am getting very frustrated because I can barely use the phone at all and have reverted to my old Nokia. I just can't seem to rely on the Galaxy to operate correctly (ie: not die on me spontaneously). :(

Any feedback would be helpful!

Thanks,

Saad

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Got a new battery in the mail.. Let it charge for a while.. Turned it on, played with it a little.. Then left it on the charge all night. Set the alarm for 6:30am..
It never rang because the phone died during the night while connected to the wall charger!
on a new battery!

So.. I've tried both the original charger + new charger. Original battery + new battery..

The phone won't charge. It had a "Full" battery when I left it out overnight and it was connected to the wall charger. The phone indicated it was "charging" at the point I went to bed. It was not in any case or sleeve. Just sitting naked on night stand..

I don't get it..

What's worse is Samsung won't support me nor will they honor my warranty (assuming the phone is in fact defective) because I am a U.S. user and the phone was not "intended" for use in this region.

I bought the phone off an Ebay store and they had a 3 day return policy. Too late.. I have nowhere to go.

I guess my only hope is that updating the firmware could help solve the problem. Unfortunately NPS doesn't recognize my phone (others have reported the same problem). I guess I should try to use Odin to update to II5 or something..

Any advice would be of great help... :thinking:

Upvote 0
Got a new battery in the mail.. Let it charge for a while.. Turned it on, played with it a little.. Then left it on the charge all night. Set the alarm for 6:30am..
It never rang because the phone died during the night while connected to the wall charger!
on a new battery!

So.. I've tried both the original charger + new charger. Original battery + new battery..

The phone won't charge. It had a "Full" battery when I left it out overnight and it was connected to the wall charger. The phone indicated it was "charging" at the point I went to bed. It was not in any case or sleeve. Just sitting naked on night stand..

I don't get it..

What's worse is Samsung won't support me nor will they honor my warranty (assuming the phone is in fact defective) because I am a U.S. user and the phone was not "intended" for use in this region.

I bought the phone off an Ebay store and they had a 3 day return policy. Too late.. I have nowhere to go.

I guess my only hope is that updating the firmware could help solve the problem. Unfortunately NPS doesn't recognize my phone (others have reported the same problem). I guess I should try to use Odin to update to II5 or something..

Any advice would be of great help... :thinking:

Sounds like you are not plugging the mini usb connector all the way in. If you dont swing the usb cover completely out of the way the usb plug does not quite make contact. This would be also why it doesnt work also when connected to your pc suite.

Upvote 0
i bought mine with firmware II5 on and put on the official UK IK4 update on as soon as i started getting annoyed with lack of battery.

TRANSFORMED IT!!!

2 days solid with one charge and that was with the checking my 2 email accounts every 30 minutes, backlight on auto and no wifi on unless i needed it.

it turned it into a great Android 1.5 phone however once i accepted Samsung will not update the OS i decided to get rid. Shame because of the potential it had and decent screen and built in memory.

Would have been a HERO beater otherwise!

I'll be getting the HTC Desire then.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones