• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My friend bricked my phone ... need help

Jonluvska

Lurker
Sep 11, 2011
So my friend convinced me it was a great idea to root my phone. I'm a complete newbie to the android and thought it was fine too. 8 hours later my phone has been bricked. I'm not exactly sure what he did but I believe that he was successful in rooting my phone. He ran into a problem when he tried to get it to boot to recovery mode. At that point the phone was stuck on the endless LG screen loop.

Now I'm trying to fix the problem. I've tried several fixes to no avail. At this point my phone will either loop with the LG logo endlessly or I can get it into S/W Upgrade mode but no further.

I've tried using the LG Updater program to get it back to the factory settings and the problem I run into is I get partly through and I get an installation error. I've also tried using KDZ but can't seem to locate a valid file for a USA phone that I can use. The only file I've been able to locate and use fails (V10E_00.kdz). I'm sorry if this post is completely moronic but I'm desperate for help. Any step by step instructions on how to fix this phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones