1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My friend wants to trade me his iphone 4 for my captivate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tajones99, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Tajones99

Tajones99 Newbie

I don't know what to do, I love my captivate and I love the iphone as well, what would you do?

2. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member

Trade him... Ebay the iphone 4...Buy a new captivate and pocket the difference.

3. Jiggles

Jiggles Newbie

EASY 200 bucks. Possibly 3

4. speedfreak32

$200 to spend on apps or a month and a half of service...

5. Tajones99

Tajones99 Newbie

How much is the captivate with no contract now

6. speedfreak32

around 400 on ebay iphone 4 used on ebay around 700

Tajones99 likes this.
  7. Miss Roxy

Miss Roxy Member

Really? I thought it was 600 =O ( for iphone 4 )

8. ckufl

ckufl Lurker

No brainer

9. jas2k9

jas2k9 Member

Sorry to say this, I'd trade your friend, and use the iphone until the next generation Captivate comes out, then I'd sell the iphone for $400 and get the NEW Captivate for about $100 after the first 10 days at Walmart - with a re-newed contract.

You will have a fully functional phone, make was more than $200 and not have battery issues, not have GPS issues, not accidently delete things, not have over heating, etc, etc.

10. zpzgclan

zpzgclan Newbie

do it before your friend changes his mind after seeing this post

11. CoMaToast

CoMaToast Well-Known Member

x2!!!!

You could make a hell of a profit man.. Captivates ( awesome as they are ) are just not the demand the I4s are .. DO IT!!!

12. noc

noc Member

lol this post makes me feel like, "everyone should buy an iphone4 now, sell it, and get the captivate"

13. Dennis_Bham

Dennis_Bham Well-Known Member

noc ... no, they should trade their captivate for an Iphone 4, sell the i4, and buy a new captivate and keep the change ... big difference

14. getDange

getDange Android Enthusiast

The OP is trolling most probably, but I will chime in nevertheless. :)
    Do not trade, it is bad to abuse the naiveness of your intelligence challenged friend.

15. DT

DT Android Expert

Personally, I don't base my ownership on some kind of projected resale value 12 months from now. I get the device I want right now. If there's an issue with my existing product, then that's totally different (i.e., if your GPS or some other function isn't meeting your needs, _then_ I would consider a trade, but I'd make sure to disclose any problems to my friend in advance of a trade).

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews