• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My G1 is not ringing my customs tones

dpgs300

Lurker
Dec 12, 2008
I dont know about you guys but Ive had my G1 since september and Ive been using the ringdroid app to custom my ringtones and text messages now 4 days ago the tones for my text messages went off and it doesnt work no more everytime when I try to assign one it says "Error writing file" so now I have no tones for my incoming text messages. Just right now my phone is screwed again I got a incoming call with its default ringtone I got back on the ringdroid application to assign my ringtone I made and it says the same message "Error writing file"

Does anybody know whats the problem of this? Its irritating me knowing I cant have my ringtone and txt tone. I tried deleting the app and downloading a new one still has the same issue. Also, I just tried to use my camera and my SD is in there, there's a pop up that says I need to insert a SD Card in before using camera????? :thinking::thinking::thinking:
Please help! Another thing I bought the phone without a contract and I forgot to add insurance am I out of luck?
Dara

I dont know about you guys but Ive had my G1 since september and Ive been using the ringdroid app to custom my ringtones and text messages now 4 days ago the tones for my text messages went off and it doesnt work no more everytime when I try to assign one it says "Error writing file" so now I have no tones for my incoming text messages. Just right now my phone is screwed again I got a incoming call with its default ringtone I got back on the ringdroid application to assign my ringtone I made and it says the same message "Error writing file"

Does anybody know whats the problem of this? Its irritating me knowing I cant have my ringtone and txt tone. I tried deleting the app and downloading a new one still has the same issue. Also, I just tried to use my camera and my SD is in there, there's a pop up that says I need to insert a SD Card in before using camera????? :thinking::thinking::thinking:
Please help! Another thing I bought the phone without a contract and I forgot to add insurance am I out of luck?
Dara

Sounds like an issue SD card related. Is there another SD card you could try this with? Or try formating the SD card you have, it might help.

Upvote 0
I had a problem with SD card ..but it was because of the little cover door not being completely shut ... Phone reported no SD card installed .. At first I thought it was a defective SD Card ... However loading the card without the phone showed the card was OK ... reinserted in phone and theis time the cover/door was completely shut ... And All has been great since then ... BTW been using a 16GB since I got the phone on 22Oct .... If you can read the SD card with another reader then it might be the little cover on the phone ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones