1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General My Galaxy only recognising SD card and not own device.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bunraku, Apr 3, 2016.

1. bunraku

bunraku Newbie

Nov 26, 2009
    I noticed today that some of my gallery albums were missing and discovered it is all the one's from the phones own internal memory missing and all the one's on my SD card still there. I can't get my Gallery app to see the albums in the phone's own folder. I moved the albums to the SD card and sure enough they appeared. I have also downloaded some pictures today from the internet and facebook and as they save to the phones own memory they don't appear in the gallery.

I've also noticed my ringtones had changed to default and again it's the same problem. Ringtones(MP3's) saved to the phones own memory have disappeared, but one's in the SD card are ok. Moving from phone memory card to SD card fixes.

Now I think I know what caused this, but not how. I downloaded an app the other day called Google Photos. I didn't like it and uninstalled, but the time frame fits.

Any idea how I fix this?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. anstro76

anstro76 Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2015
    Male
    Chef
    St Petersburg, Fl
    Google photos is just a way to access your photos on Google Drive. If you had it set on auto erase from device after back up I could see but that still doesn't explain your ring tones

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.