1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My galaxy rush died!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rcolitz, Dec 19, 2013.

1. rcolitz

rcolitz Newbie
    None

My Samsung Galaxy Rush also just shut off and I can't get it to turn back on. Even the red charging light dosen't work. My phone was rooted so that voided the warranty. Now I have to purchase another phone. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. KennyFiesta

KennyFiesta Newbie
    None

Mar 25, 2012
    It's of no consolation, but buy your new phone from Best Buy and get their protection plan. I've gotten no less than 5 Galaxy Prevails and Rushes from them when I have problems.

Also, wiggle the cable connections and check the battery. Some charging cables get loose after a while and scare you, but you get them going. One time the "springs" that touch the battery terminals were bent in too far and I bent them back out and it started working again.

3. rcolitz

rcolitz Newbie
    None

I ended up buying another Galaxy Rush from a franchise Boost Mobile store. I rooted it as soon as I could and then 3 days later the touch screen stopped working. I had a 4 day warranty from the store where I bought it from so I took it back. I then decided since I've had bad luckcwith the Rush that I would spring for the Galaxy Prevail 2, and I paid the difference in price between the two phones about $100. There are a few annoying things that happen, like the phones settings keep returning to factory defaults and the restarts without warning. Overall I like the phone much better!

4. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 3, 2012
    I would take it back and trade for Moto G. I think it gives you the most bang for the buck. I've read the Prevail 2 has a lot of issues.