• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my galaxy s 2 is mot starting (launcher problem) i think

studiousnr

Lurker
Oct 5, 2012
greetings everyone,
please i need help i some how locked my phone , and it got stucked on "S" . then i used odin and cf-root ***********cwm5(pda) to root it from odin

everything went right after booting mobile turned on nothing deleted everything was in its place even the widgets , now the problem is i was using apex launcher but the apex launcher keep on reloading and it didnt give me time to copy my material from phone to computer (i dont have backup thats y i am not doing factory setting boot)

i took out the battery restarted it now the phone gets stuck on "complete using the following action *apex launcher *twlauncher , but none selects and every thing connects and disconnect over and over again, then i thought the prob is with launcher i went to google play from pc did all theuninstalling and intalling . nothing worked then i put touchwiz zip file on my sd card and installed that from boot recovery.
now wheni it starts nothing changes except there is another option for touch wiz along with twlauncher and apex launcher but none selects , the status bar is the only thing working ..
help me please i dont want to deleted my images and videos i have many memories in it

helppp....
thanks

Welcome to the forums, studiousnr! :hello:
Sorry to hear about your problems. First, are you able to mount your phone to your computer and pull the media from your sd card? Are you able to Odin back to stock?
I'm not the most familiar with Samsung phones, but we'll get you help shortly.
Also, which version of the S2 do you have?

Upvote 0
now i cannot go to mu phone files on my sd card files from phone , i copied zip file directly to the sd card from pc , and just used odin once that i used the pda file i mentioned , i am not familiar with all these terms cause first time i am doing all this , i never disturb my phone , i just stay out of these . so please help me using english
thanks

Upvote 0
i did download adw from play store through pc uninstalled apex , but nothing happened i believe my cell phone is not connecting to the internet . although wifi is lightened but it doesnt show in status bar thats y i used sd card .. if anyone has adw launcher zip file ...
my phone is gt.i9100

Upvote 0
Maybe hold fire on this one for a bit as someone else may have a simpler solution.

I've not tried this myself so there's no guarantees but it should be possible to wipe your phone and not lose anything even though you don't have your apps backed up at the moment. You first need to boot into recovery mode and make a backup. Now you will be able to reset your phone to remove apex. When you're up and running you can download titanium backup from the play store, you may need the paid version for this feature, I'm not sure. You can then open titanium, press menu and choose extract from nandroid backup. It will take a little while to find all the apps but when it has you can restore them straight from the backup you just made.

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0
thanks bro that was really help ful, all my imaged and videos are there but apps are deleted which are being downloaded one by one automatically , but i dont no y titanium backup is not downloading anyway ill work on it , my problem is solved i was worried about the images and videos i wasnt much worried about the apps
thanks

Reactions: Shotgun84
Upvote 0
No problem, I'm glad you're sorted.
That's one of the benefits of cwm recovery. Whereas a wipe with the stock recovery would wipe everything from the internal sd card cwm recovery won't touch that. It'll only wipe apps and settings.
Did you download the free version of titanium before the paid version. The paid version just adds feature once the free is installed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones