1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

My Galaxy S-II has lousy telephone audio quality? Any ideas and/or fixes?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mmoser, Dec 22, 2011.

1. mmoser

mmoser Newbie

My Galaxy S-II apparently has a very lousy telephone audio quality! Again and again calling partners remark, that I am very hard to understand, that I sound like mumbling and with lots of echo or they constantly ask me, to repeat things over and over again because they couldn't understand. It's really frequent enough to get very annoying!

I on the other side hear them always in excellent quality in such situations.

Do others encounter this as well? Is this a GS-II series problem or have I gotten a lemon so that it might be worth returning it and asking for a repair or a replacement?

I am not using a case nor am I holding the phone in any way special.

Any ideas and/or fixes?

Michael

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Honestly mine has the best call quality of any phone I've ever had. Maybe wait for more opinions but judging by my experience you've got a duff unit.

3. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

It might be your case. A lot of users complain of echos with certain cases. Try calling without the case.

4. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

I've had the phone since launch and I'm now getting told I cannot be heard well/same as in the OP. Switching to speakerphone solves it but I am still displeased, not sure why this happens since the same mic is being used and I'm holding it the same way. (volume lower obviously).

5. mmoser

mmoser Newbie

I *had* indeed been using a case for a while and then stopped using it, because I suspected that to be the reason, but according to my wife, the sound quality has gotten any better since.

M.

6. Organon

Organon Member

My phone suffer from the same problem.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews