• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Galaxy S II reboots once a day - in avarage

My Galaxy S II reboots once a day - in avarage - What kind of problem do I have ?
Is it hardware or software ?
Facts:
- Model: GT-I9100
- Android: 2.3.5
- Baseband: I9100XXKI4
-Kernel: 2.6.35.7.I9100XWKI8-CL616395 root@DELL149 #2
- Build: GINGERBREAD.XWKI8

I bought the phone 23th. of november 2011
I installed a 16GB MicroSD card
I installed all the apps that was using at the old phone (Galaxy I9000)
Phone was't able to run 24 hours without reboot.
By reboot I mean: A sound, the little 5 seconds Galaxy-movie, and asks for pincode...
No systematic in the reboot. Not a specific place, not a specific time, not by doing something special.
It never reboots when it is "open". It's always when it is lying on a table, or in my pocket.
==========================
OK. A factory reset. No apps installed, minimum of configuration.
Phone still reboots once or twice a day
=========================
OK. 16GB MicroSD disabled
Phone runs for 60 hours, then reboots, Then it runs for 22 hours and reboots
=========================
Right now: WiFi disabled... It has been running for 14 hours... waiting
Update by 18dec: After 25hours I forced the tip of a plastic tooth-stick under the battery. After 60 hours I installed all my favorit apps, and it is still running... (88 hours)
Current conclution: Hardware - Bad implementation of battery-connectors...

Update by 3jan2012: Nope... Still not ok. Two reboots around x-mas and yesterday... once again.
I have been talking to Samsung, and they does not (officially) admit that the S II has a reboot-issue. They advice me to go to a repair shop, since the phone is fully updated and that they don't have more advices to give...
========================
More info:
Two colleques has the same phone, and they never reboots.
The one is a lower Android version: 2.3.4
The other is the same except Baseband: I9100NEKI2
If I return it to the shop they will send it to Samsung Repair, and after 10 days I will get it back. Or maybe a new one...
Pls. give me some advice..
Regards in advance
Thorkil

On 2.3.4 on my Latin American model (not KI4, an older version), my phone would crash every few minutes if I dated to move one app to SD (among other issues). Returned for refund and got a UK model.

That model came pre-loaded with 2.3.4 (KI4) and ran beautifully. I then used Odin to go to 2.3.6 (KK2) and got random reboots about every other day. I reverted back to KI4 and have been fine. On that note, I really don't care if I get 2.3.5 or 2.3.6. I'm happy with KI4 and curious about the eventual ICS update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones