1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My Galaxy S sometimes failes to recognize SIM Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LennyBigFat, Jun 21, 2011.

1. LennyBigFat

LennyBigFat Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Hi!

Ok so I've looked everywhere and cant find the solution to my annoying problem.

So I have a Samsung Galaxy S (originally it was running on froyo). About a month ago, it suddenly showed the icon for no connectivity, so i tried to search for networks manually and the phone said "please insert SIM card". So i rebooted the phone and everything, took the simcard out, put it back in ... all the logical stuff... still nothing... then i turned it off again, moved the sim around a bit, and the phone started working again. After about 4 days, it happened again... was fooling around with it until i got it running after about an hour. It worked again... and no problems for about two weeks. After that it happened again, and i began turning it on and off practically every hour.

So I decided i'm gonna upgrade my software. did a factory reset. rooted it. installed gingerbread and everything, cleared internal sd ... everything.. nothing changed. still got problems with it.

So i came to the conclusion that it's either a hardware or a sim problem. So i started testing it (changed sims with a friends phone) and his sim worked perfectly in my sgs (for the hour that i tested) and my sim worked perfectly in his sgs ...

So now i really don't know what to do. Any ideas guys?

thanks

Advertisement

2. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Male
    UK
    I would still blame the SIM. You can contact your service provider and request a new SIM. Explain to them the symptoms you've described here and they should replace it for free. You will also be able to keep your existing number, as that can be ported to your new SIM.

All the best.

Ray