1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support My Galaxy S3 does not charge nor power on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hexra90, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Hexra90

Hexra90 Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2013
    Hi , i have the SG3 the international device. When the battery died the device suddenly stopped charging and turning on even when i replace it with a charged battery. I tried the boot mode but it still didn't work.
    I took it to a repair shop , he diagnostic the issue & found that there is an issue with the electric something in the device and he cannot fix it due to the use of the car charger, costs maybe 300$ . so does anyone knows how to get all the data from the internal storage ? please

Advertisement

2. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2013
    Male
    Paramedic
    Germany
    You told him that you used a car charger?

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Have you tried a different battery?

4. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2013
    Male
    Paramedic
    Germany
    I think he did ;)

5. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    Interactive Designer/Developer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    That sounds like Sudden Death Syndrome (SDS), which usually appear on a 7th or 8th month of usage. Tho it might happen later on.
    It's common among early 16GB models, which came with chip type: VTU00M and FwRev: 0x1f.

It is due to faulty spot of NAND on this eMMC, which pretty much hard brick the phone if written to.

From your description, it does sounds like SDS. If your phone is under warranty, this is covered by Samsung and requires mother board change. If the warranty is over, I'm afraid there is not much you can do.

Perhaps look for low cost, damaged unit on eBay? One that works but has cracked screen, etc... so you could use it to swap parts.

As for the data on your internal memory, you can't recover it if you can't power up the device. I'm also afraid it will be gone with the mother board change.

Sorry to read about your predicament. In the future, I highly recommend using Helium (non root) to back up your devices frequently. It also allow to restore that back up to different models, and even tablets.

cheers