• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Galaxy Tab is bricked!

pieq314

Nov 23, 2010
Hi All,

I was using it to watch video last night (it was in a protective case, so it was a little warm). Then I turned it off. Then it can no longer be turned on!

Is there any way to hard reboot?

Normally, when I take the SIM card out and put it back in, it will cause an automatic reboot. But that does not cause a reboot now.

Any indication that it's charging, when you plug in the power cord? Even when off, it should show something.

No signs of charging.

I ordered a 3-pronged screwdriver (still waiting for it to arrive). I will then open it to see if anything obviously wrong. Otherwise, I will have to send it to Samsung to be repaired.

After using it as a phone for almost a year, it is hard to be without it.

Upvote 0
Update:

I have let the tab sit there for 2 weeks. Finally, the battery discharged completely, so that the tab is in the off state (instead of in a confused state).

Now when I plug it into the charger, it charges! And it also turns on!

I have ordered a 3-prong screwdriver. The plan was to open the tab, and take the battery off to force the tab to reboot. The screwdriver is not here yet. But if it freezes up in the future, I will not need to wait for 2 weeks in order to reboot!

Apple made a bad example: completely lock a cellphone/tab so that a user cannot easily disconnect the battery. And it is bad that others are following Apple's example. Fortunately, most Android cellphones' batteries are still user accessible, but unfortunately, most tabs' batteries are not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones