1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

My gallery layout has changed on its own. Please help?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Are21, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Are21

Are21 Newbie

Sep 7, 2014
    Female
    The layout of my photo gallery on my samsung gallery s4 phone has changed by itself.
    when I used to open a folder it would show the normal layout of all the pictures but now when I open any folder, the pictures are enlarged, shown one by one underneath each other. How could this have happened and how can I change this?

Sorry if im posting in the wrong place.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I don't know the Samsung gallery app, but it seems that either the software or the settings have been changed. So I think there are two possibilities:

1) you changed a setting without realising (clearing data can also do this). That can be fixed by going into the app's settings and finding which one.

2) Samsung changed the app, either as part of a system update or possibly an app update (if Samsung update their apps via the Play Store as HTC now do, and if you have automatic updates enabled that could then happen without you realising). In this case your best bet is still to go into the app's settings and see whether you can find an option that will give you back the view you prefer.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Haha this happened to me too. Took me a while to figure it out. Anyway, do a pinch on the second picture from the top, it should revert back. Pinch in and pinch out switches the views.

Radamphibian and Hadron like this.
  4. Radamphibian

Radamphibian Lurker
    None

Apr 15, 2019
    holycrap my kid changed this and hated the way it looked and i was hell as mad couldn't change it back but from your post its as simple as taking a drink thanks!!!