• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My (gen 1) nexus 7 won't turn on.

danmil05

Jan 23, 2010
NJ
I need help. My nexus 7 won't power on. I've checked other threads and no button combo with the power and volume up and down buttons work. When on a charger, it give's no indication that it's charging. This is the second time it happened. Once before the 4.3 update, (about 2 months ago) it would turn on but after about a day and a half, i pressed the power button and it turn on. Now about a day after the update, it wont turn on again. i hope it isn't bricked. By the way i brought this on amazon on Jan. So i hope it's under warranty.

I'm not the OP, but I have the same issue. I have charged it, and it turns on, but just bootloops. When I go into the bootloader and then try to go into Recovery Mode it just says "Google". I'm trying to flash it from a pc/mac using fastboot/adb but the pc/mac can't recognize the device.

Called Google. They told me to call Asus. Called ASUS they told me to send it in - and pay to have it repaired.

When I am in the bootloader, it says it is "locked"... any tips?

It seems like flashing it using adb/fastboot from a pc/mac is the only option left, and that does not seem to be working...

Help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones