1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support My (gen 1) nexus 7 won't turn on.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by danmil05, Aug 5, 2013.

1. danmil05

danmil05 Member

I need help. My nexus 7 won't power on. I've checked other threads and no button combo with the power and volume up and down buttons work. When on a charger, it give's no indication that it's charging. This is the second time it happened. Once before the 4.3 update, (about 2 months ago) it would turn on but after about a day and a half, i pressed the power button and it turn on. Now about a day after the update, it wont turn on again. i hope it isn't bricked. By the way i brought this on amazon on Jan. So i hope it's under warranty.

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Try charging it for about 30 minutes, then hold and press the power button for over 30 seconds and see if it turn on then, report back

scary alien likes this.
  3. danmil05

danmil05 Member

Thank you. It worked but i don't why this happened. What can i do to keep this from happening?

4. mrtimo

mrtimo Well-Known Member

I'm not the OP, but I have the same issue. I have charged it, and it turns on, but just bootloops. When I go into the bootloader and then try to go into Recovery Mode it just says "Google". I'm trying to flash it from a pc/mac using fastboot/adb but the pc/mac can't recognize the device.

Called Google. They told me to call Asus. Called ASUS they told me to send it in - and pay to have it repaired.

When I am in the bootloader, it says it is "locked"... any tips?

It seems like flashing it using adb/fastboot from a pc/mac is the only option left, and that does not seem to be working...

Help!