1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MY GOD. Is Sense that bad, Really?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djb28, May 26, 2011.

1. djb28

djb28 Android Enthusiast

I just flashed back to 1.12.605.6 Decided to check out HTC Sense. I started with a full battery at 8 am and at 1 pm I am at 10 percent!

Friend Stream, Weather and Contact Favorites is all I am running on the home screens. Is it the RUU or the Sense? Then I forgot that the Video sound sucks with this RUU so I have to get rid of it,too.

I have only texted on this thing lightly and commented on a couple facebook posts. I am shocked at the life of this. Back to NTE for me!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

It's probably the LTE radio destroying your battery

3. Mystakilla

Mystakilla Member

probably, like i said earlier, horrible design. the battery should not drain that fast no matter what you do.

4. philhyde

philhyde Newbie

This would be my guess as well.

5. fydave

fydave Newbie

Don't take this wrong way, I'm honestly trying to figure out your thought process on this one.

How do you figure it shouldn't drain that fast no matter what you do? It has a big touch screen, several radios to provide as close to constant service as possible, and if you cross through or spend extended periods of time in areas where your 4G isn't receiving good signal that only further exacerbates the problem but that's the case anytime a cell phone has to poll for any or additional signal to maintain signal strength.

They could have put a larger battery in the Thunderbolt, within reason, and I have really not much of an idea why they didn't but that wouldn't change the speed at which the battery would drain. It would only change how long it took that battery to drain until it was totally depleted.

jr313 likes this.
  6. djb28

djb28 Android Enthusiast

I was getting ALL DAY life. That is 7 -8 AM until it hit the charger at 10 pm. At that time I had anywhere from 5 to 10 percent left before I changed out my battery. I was running DaS BamF 1.6

I then went to the Leaked GB and reverted back when I felt my Battery getting hot and not cooling. But I referted Almost all the way back to the old radio. That radio sucked the life out of my phone with sense on it. Totally dead in under 5 hrs with minimal use.

Now I am on 1.13.605.7 ThunderSense 1.45 and imoseyon sp 2.51

It is lasting me just as long as Das Bamf. Its a winner! And he is right!

All the same problems we all had from the first week or so out of the box returned.

7. jr313

jr313 Well-Known Member

you always get better battery life outta different roms and kernels when rooted over a stock experience. at least i always have the devs lean the rom and kernels dwn for better battery life and effeciency...

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews