• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Google Account Info/My Contact Card

jgjackson7

Lurker
Jul 17, 2010
I've seen quite a bit of discussion about problems with the "My Contact Card," but I haven't seen an answer to my specific issue, so here's to hoping someone can help out.

For some reason my personal Google account shows up in my people app (in HTC Sense on an Evo, if that matters) as a regular contact. Furthermore, the My Contact Card does not populate with any of my personal information - though I did add some manually.

What I don't understand is why My Contact Card does not automatically populate with my Google account information (Picture, email address, etc.) when it syncs with Google.

Essentially, I show up twice - once as a relatively useless My Contact Card and a second time as an extremely useless "regular" contact. Is there a way to merge these, or to force My Contact Card to sync with my Google account? I can link everyone else in my contact list to Google or other services...why not myself?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones