• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Google play store won't work or open. Can I download it?

BuggaBusta

Lurker
Aug 11, 2017
Somehow I lost Google Play from my phone. I attached a photo of what comes up when I try to open it.
Can anyone explain to me like I'm a 6 y/o, how I can get It back on my phone?
I've tried downloading from my browser & an apk download (whatever that means?)
My device is a Kyocera Hydro Life. I'd appreciate any assistance at all. Thank you in advance, Stephanie

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-11-07-43-13.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-11-07-43-13.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 183
Open your file explorer/file manager or  whatever app you can use to view files on your device. Go to the downloads folder and search for the Google play file you downloaded. Tap on it and and​ a box with some text will appear. Select the settings option scroll down and select the check box next to unknown sources and press back button. Now you will see a screen with a lot of text in it to the next button continuously  until you see an install opyion. Select that and wait. Now try opening the play store app and check again. If it does not work yet let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones